Interested in becoming a Coach
We always welcome volunteers stepping up to help coach our teams. A background check is required by Youth Sports of Hollywood and The City of Hollywood for all coaches and assistant coaches. All Background Checks are completed thru the City of Hollywood On-line System.
Please email us and include your name & phone number and we will contact you with more information.
USSSA baseball Rules
USSSA Softball Rules
Supplimental in House Baseball Rules
1. Coaches MUST bat the entire team.
2. Pitchers will be limited to a Maximum of eight innings pitched per week (regardless of 3 day rest).
3. 8 under division any ball in fair territory will be played as such regardless of distance traveled.
4. 8 under division batter may foul off sixth pitch and receive additional pitches until batter misses and strikes out or fails to swing or gets a hit.
5. A call up player may play anywhere in the field except pitcher and shall play the entire game without sitting.
6. A team with 9 players may not call up a player with the exception of 8 under, they can not call up a player if they have 10 players.
7. Sr. Tee-Ball each batter will get three pitches from their coach and three attempts from the tee.
8. Tie games will go one extra inning on school nights with a Kansas City rule in effect and on Friday nights or weekends until a winner is declared.
Coaches code of conduct
- The coach shall be aware that he or she has a tremendous influence, for either good or ill, on the education of the player and, thus, shall never place the value of winning above the value of instilling the highest ideals of character.
- The coach shall strive to set an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct in all personal contact with players, umpires and parents.
- The coach shall strive to instill the value of good sportsmanship in all of his or her players.
- The coach shall understand and demonstrate positive coaching methods – how to balance discipline and fun, how to be generous with praise and how to correct athletes without being demeaning.
- The coach shall know USSSA rules (e.g. safety related) and will take the lead role in enforcing them.
- The coach shall manage his or her team in harmony with the philosophy and rules of the Youth Sports of Hollywood.
- The coach shall master the fundamental rules of the game and shall teach them to his or her team members. The rules of baseball are clear and coaches need to pay reverence to them by never doing anything that would dishonor the game. The coach shall never seek an advantage by circumvention of the spirit or letter of the rules.
- The coach shall avoid the use of alcohol and/or tobacco while interacting with players.
- The coach shall exert his or her influence to enhance sportsmanship by spectators.
- The coach shall respect and support the umpires. The coach shall not indulge in conduct which would incite players or spectators against the umpires. Public criticism of officials or players is unethical.
- The coach should meet and exchange cordial greetings with the opposing coach to set the correct tone for the event before and after the game.
Players Bill of rights
YSOH endorses the philosophy of “Athletes First, Winning Second”. This philosophy is the foundation of the Player’s Bill of Rights and means that every decision a coach makes and every behavior a coach displays should be based first on what the coach judges best for the athlete, and second on what may improve the athlete’s or team’s chances of winning.
As a player, I have the following rights:
- Right to have fun in sports
- Right to an equal opportunity for success
- Right to be treated with dignity
- Right to share in the leadership and decision-making of my sports participation
- Right to participate in physically and emotionally safe and healthy environments